Recipe Of The Week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight loss goal and keep it off for good.
Chicken with Wild Mushrooms & Smoked Bacon
What you'll need
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 200g mixed wild mushrooms (any type of mushrooms will
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 rashers of smoked bacon (all fat removed) cut into 1cm
- 1 small glass of white wine (or a small glass of chicken
- 100ml light whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
The easy bit
- Heat a medium sized frying pan over a medium heat and
when hot add half of the olive oil and seal the strips of chicken
on all sides, remove the chicken from the pan.
- Next add the remaining olive oil, onion, mushrooms and
smoked bacon and fry until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with any juices, the
garlic and white wine and bring to the boil then turn the heat down
to a simmer.
- Finally add the cream and parsley bring slowly back to
the boil and serve with steamed green beans and sugar snap
496-513 Calories per
Tue Jun 25, 2019 at 11:46 AM
Hi Stephanie and all, We've recalculated the calorie content of this recipe and it equates to 496-513 Calories per serve, depending on whether you use white wine or chicken stock (Calories per serve using chicken stock = 496, Calories per serve using white wine = 513). Hope that helps! :)
Tue Jun 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM
Calories per serve please
Thu Nov 09, 2017 at 5:57 PM
Soooo delicious. I used coconut cream in lieu of cream. Very yummy, very filling :) I was naughty and added a bit of salt :)
Fri Sep 22, 2017 at 9:06 AM
In regards to the confusion over the calorie count per serve...
1. chicken stock (instead of wine)
2. coconut cream (instead of ordinary cream as I'm lactose intolerant)
3. not adding calories for the veggies as they're free
that the calories per serve are between 460-480 (depending on the weight of the chicken breast)
Perhaps someone else would like to check this as well?
Wed Sep 07, 2016 at 5:49 PM
This was yummy! Is it just me or do the servings seem a bit high in calories?
Wed Dec 09, 2015 at 5:49 PM
This was yummy, I highly recommend it
Tue Nov 25, 2014 at 11:59 AM
on the rapid program, how many calories are you allowed at dinner time. these recipes range from 170 calories to 600 calories, what are you actually supposed to eat.,
Wed Oct 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Did you use stock or white wine??
Load More Reviews
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register