Recipe Of The Week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight loss goal and keep it off for good.
What you'll need
- 600g lean stewing steak
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 120g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 600ml beef stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
The easy bit
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion
and garlic for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Cut the stewing steak into chunks, add to the onion and garlic
and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes until brown all over.
- Add the paprika and stir well, then add the chopped tomatoes,
tomato puree, red capsicum and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes
- Pour in the beef stock. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat.
Cover and simmer gently for approximately 2 hours until the meat is
- Blend the corn flour with the water, then add to the pan,
stirring until thickened and smooth. Cook for a further minute and
season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the beef goulash to a warm serving dish, and serve
with steamed vegetables.
Sat Nov 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM
Tue Oct 10, 2017 at 6:13 PM
Absolutely delicious! And a couple of helpings to freeze for a later date:-)
Mon Dec 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Can you please advise what the Calorie intake for 1 x serving is please.
Sun Sep 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
We had this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! My tip is to leave the lid off for the last hour at least as it was really runny still after the first hour. Also, as I don't like mushrooms, I used a cup a soup (mushroom flavour) just to add to the taste. We will definitely be having this again
Sun Jun 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Made this last night, it was delicious!!
Fri May 24, 2013 at 11:18 PM
There is No Nutritional Information on this one, i know beef goulash can be quite a heavy meal.
Fri Apr 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I just chucked all the ingrediants in the slow cooker (halfed the beef, but kept the same amount of veggies) left out the corn flour and it was amazing!!
Wed Nov 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM
This is beautiful and easy to make!!
Load More Reviews
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register