Topic: Alternative to Breadcrumbs

Ask Other Celebrity Slimmers Your Questions

3 Item(s)

Hey guys I don't know if this has been asked but I have been trying to find an alternative for bread crumbs - I want to make tuna balls and need something similar to breadcrumbs to bring it togetherAny help would be appreciated! :)

Hi.  I recently made tuna rissoles and substituted almond meal for breadcrumbs as part of the binding and the coating.  I took a hint from Poh's Almond and Parmesan Crumbed Chicken which used chopped slivered or flaked almonds.  The almond meal is just the next stage in the process if you continue blitzing it.  I found it worked really well and with the addition of lime zest, coriander and chives it gave the tuna a great taste.  As the almond is a protein, and it's been referenced in Poh's recipe, I believe it's ok to use.  Perhaps someone else may have a differing opinion?

You can get almond meal from Coles or Woolies in various weights and it's usually in the nut/health aisle. Hope that helps!

Posted : 6 years 6 months ago top

Hey thanks for the advice about the almonds the tuna balls were amazing! Will post a recipie soon! :)

You could also try LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond) mix.  I buy a Healtheries brand with added chai, buckwheat and flakey quinoa.

3 Item(s)