Both the 'Trim' and 'Maintain' phases of the Celebrity Slim Program allow for 3 snacks each day. These snack options can simply be a delicious low carb or normal Celebrity Slim snack bar, or one of the following:
- 30g (small block or slice) of tasty cheese (tip: try grating the cheese to make the amount of cheese go further by creating the illusion of a larger amount of cheese and allowing you to savour more mouthfuls).
- 1-2 slices of deli meats, such as ham. Avoid fatty types such as salami.
- About 30g (small handful) of nuts such as raw almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts, walnuts or pistachio nuts.
- A small dob of low-fat natural yoghurt or cream (1 dessert spoon) can be added occaisionally to fruit such as berries
- Celebrity Slim Snack Bars
Combined snack ideas
- 1/2 medium apple & 6-8 raw almonds
- Celery sticks with 30g low-fat cream cheese
- Celery sticks with 30g peanut butter
- 1/2 cup berries & small dob of low-fat cream (dessert spoon) or 3 dessert spoons of low-fat natural yoghurt
- Fruit salad (made with friendly fruits) & small dob of low-fat cream (dessert spoon) or 2-3 dessert spoons of low-fat natural unsweetened yoghurt
- Cut 250g block of cheese into 8, so you know how much 30g is, then 'peel' it, or grate it - it seems like more. Combine one 30g block with veggie sticks or nuts.
- Small tin of tuna in spring water, dessert spoon of low-fat mayonnaise, spring onions and shredded lettuce, mixed.
- Veggie sticks (carrot, celery, capsicum etc.) with hummus or tzatziki dip
- Lettuce leaves filled with alfalfa sprouts, tomato, ham and a little cheese.
- Flavoured small tins of tuna mixed with shredded lettuce
- Small salds with ham/chicken torn up
- Put 1 boiled egg in a salad with low-fat mayonnaise
- Sliced cheese, sliced pickles & sliced tomato wrapped in lettuce
- Smoked salmon slice with a thin coat of cream cheese
- Cheese slice and pickle wrapped in a slice of ham
- 4 olives with cheese and ham (hold together with toothpick)
- Guacamole (avocado mixed with spicy mexican salsa) and veggie sticks
- Grilled mushrooms topped with cheese and herbs
- Grilled marinated chicken wings, cold or hot
- Mini antipasto platter of low carb snacks (grilled pepers, mushrooms, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, deli meats, cheeses, etc.)
Create your own!
Create your own snacks using foods from the list of Celebrity Slim Friendly Foods.
When it comes to snack portion sizes, you should be aiming for around 100g per snack. Your snacks should contain no more than 10g of carbohydrates per 100g.
Read our tips about Looking Forward to Snacks.