Recipe Of The Week
Choose from a huge selection of yummy, healthy Celebrity Slim approved recipe ideas, designed to help you reach your weight loss goal and keep it off for good.
Stuffed Calamari with Cucumber Salsa
What you'll need
- 6 small squid tubes (or 4 larger squid tubes*), cleaned and
- 100g low fat ricotta
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons dried currants
- 3 sprigs thyme
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tablespoon mint, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful coriander
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
*Note: the squid tubes featured in this recipe image are
larger varieties; that's why the plate features 2 tubes. If you are
able to find smaller squid tubes, you can serve 3 per
The easy bit
- For the salsa, cut all ingredients into small pieces. Crush
mint, coriander and spring onion in mortar and pestle. Add cucumber
and crush until bruised, then season well with olive oil, lemon
juice and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- For the stuffing, mix ricotta, pine nuts, currants, thyme,
lemon zest and mint together and season well with salt and pepper.
Fill squid half way with stuffing and prick the squid before
- Rub olive oil on to the stuffed squid then place on the hot
grill pan and cook for 3-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve immediately with salsa over the top.
Fri Apr 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
making a romantic dinner with this tonight. Hope it works :)
Sat Nov 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM
can't wait to try it - love my calamari
Thu Nov 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Channy00pink, squid is not a fish, its a mollusk.
Mon Nov 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Write Your Own Review
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register