Any time you make a considerable change to the types of food you're eating - especially if you've previously been consuming plenty of unhealthy foods - this can result in temporary changes to your bowel movements, while your digestive system adjusts. Healthy foods, like vegetables, generally contain more fibre, which can also assist in more regular bowel movements. After about 2-7 days, your digestive system will have adjusted to your new eating habits.
As for headaches, these can be temporary withdrawal symptoms that some people experience as a result of cutting out unhealthy fatty, salty, sugary foods from their diet. Sugar actually has addictive characteristics, according to a 2002 study at Princeton University. The rat study showed that sugar works on the brain similarly to heroin and morphine, although the effects of the heroin and morphine were much more extreme. This can explain how some people have a difficult time saying no to products containing sugar. As with any other addiction, stopping sugar consumption altogether can cause withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately, it's easy to become accustomed to a high-sugar diet. If you decide to drastically reduce or eliminate processed sugars, you may experience some side effects. Headaches are among them.
Whatever phase you decide to start on, during the first week your body will be adjusting to less carbohydrates and more protein. After 3-5 days, your stored carbohydrate levels will have dropped considerably and your body will be forced to begin burning mostly fat for energy, which is the result you want.
During your first week, there are a few telltale signs that the Celebrity Slim Program is working:
1) Because you're drinking more water, and your body is detoxing from breaking down more fat, you'll probably need to visit the toilet more often. This is a good sign and you must drink at least 2 litres of water a day to assist this process.
2) After a few days you may get a dull headache for a day or two. Don't be concerned, this is your body adjusting to the program, and it's actually a good sign.
3) You may also feel quite lethargic, maybe even a bit achy for a couple of days like you are getting a flu - this is perfectly normal and will pass quickly.
4) After a few days you may get cravings for sweet foods. Resist these by eating your allowable snacks, or anytime free foods; again this is a good sign your carbs are running low and your body is starting to burn more fat.
5) After about a week to 10 days you will be surprised to find your cravings and hunger reduce dramatically and it's far easier to stay on the program - most people also find they have more energy and feel great!